Monday, June 6, 2011

"Quilted" Bedspread...

For my bacheloretteparty in January 2010, my mom, mother in-law, sisters in-law and my best friend took me to a "quilting" workshop.
Very basic stuff, but soooo cool!

We did a High Tea and chose to make a large quilt.


When I got back home, hubby told me he loved it (who would've thought, with all the pink and flowers) and said  I should make a bigger one, to fit our bed...
Great idea, buth with the wedding coming up, lots of other stuff to do and sooooo little time, I didn't get around starting 'till last December...

But then I started with this:


And last week, I finished the top layer.. ! ! ! It's absolutely huge (2,5m x 2,5m), and I'm dreading to start on the finishing, but I want it done soon, since I have lots of other idea's for sewing projects...

This gives you an idea of what it's gonna look like when it's finished and on our bed...
I'm planning to make some matching pillowcovers, but that's not a priority at the moment.
If there's something you want to know, about how I made this, just ask...


Love,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment