Friday, May 3, 2013

Granola

I hate eating bread for breakfast... Well I hate eating bread early in the morning...
So I'm always looking for other breakfast options, instead of just not eating...

I love muesli / cruesli / granola, but the store bought variations have all these additives in them I don't want to eat.
So I made my own. I tried it once before, and it was kinda okay, but not exactly what I wanted...
I searched a little more on Pinterest and found this recipe. It uses coconut oil, which I love!

I made my own granola inspired on this recipe, with the ingredients I had in my cupboard.

This is what I did:

In a bowl I mixed 1/4 cup sesame seeds, 1/4 cup pumpkinseeds, 1/2 cup crushed hazelnuts, 3 cups rolled oats, 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup brown sugar (optional), 1tsp vanilla extract, a pinch of salt.

When it's thoroughly mixed, spread the mixture on a lined baking tray and bake it for about 35 minutes in a pre-heated oven (175C). Turn/mix after about 20 minutes.
The granola will be loose when you take it out of the oven, but will clump a bit when it cools.


















I hope you like it as much as I do. I'm currently on my third batch...

Love, Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment